A SPECIFIC LEVEL ONE COURSE FOR WOMEN
• Great confidence and skill builder for newly qualified road riders
• No previous off-road riding experience required
• Ideal off-road introduction in a small group and relaxed environment
• Improve bike handling and manoeuvring skills
• Friendly support team
Upcoming dates for 2023
• 16 / 17 June
• 14 / 15 July
• 13 / 14 August
Click here to see full course calendar, or use the drop-down calendar to see real-time available course dates highlighted in green
Perhaps you have not ridden for some time or a previous experience has affected your confidence? At BMW Off Road Skills, we appreciate that entering the mixed training environment can be intimidating for some people; that’s why we offer a targeted training scheme designed to help women comfortably enter or re-engage with motorcycle training.
If you are nervous of re-entering the world of motorcycling, we offer you Women Only training; an introductory opportunity to train with a small group of like-minded women in a relaxed environment. The emphasis is on improving your bike-handling skills, slow speed manoeuvring and safe braking in a controlled manner.
While our Women Only small-group training covers the normal Level One curriculum, it includes additional tips about bike handling, all run flexibly in response to the needs of the group, with techniques and tips specifically developed for this targeted training.
The confidence you gain from learning these core essential skills will allow you to relax and enjoy riding off-road, comfortably supported by our training staff and thoughtful support team. Our aim is to build your bike handling skills, with our objective being that you gain the confidence to enjoy mixed training and travel and start having your own adventures.
So come and enjoy the wonderful world of off-road riding with us.
Customers are able to choose from the BMW F 750 GS, F 850 GS, R 1200 GS or the low chassis R 1200 GS motorcycles.
Participants must be female, 21 years of age or over and have a full and valid motorcycle licence for riding in the United Kingdom.
All course participants are grouped according to their riding ability and must have a good level of fitness.
The two-day Level One Off Road Skills courses each cost £595. The price includes two days of group instruction, motorcycle hire, third party insurance, fuel, two lunches and one evening meal, refreshments and a certificate of completion.
Please note: It does not include personal accident insurance, your accommodation and evening drinks, or any additional meals or drinks for your guests.
What do I wear?
It’s essential that you have the appropriate riding kit to ensure your safety. Before your ride, your instructor will inspect all clothing and assess its suitability. Any riders considered to be inadequately clothed or protected will be unable to join the course.
- Helmet - This must be a UK road-legal motorcycle helmet, which conforms to EC22.05 or EC22.06 standards. Please note - we do not stock helmets for hire, you must bring your own.
- Boots - The use of fully-protective motocross boots is mandatory.
Please note - road, adventure or trials boots are not sufficient and cannot be worn.
- Trousers and jacket - Most modern road-orientated motorcycle clothing is suitable, but we recommended gear that is breathable, waterproof, and lightweight. Full cover is essential.
- Knee protection - It is also essential that you have good knee protection. Ensure that your clothing includes knee protectors or use separate knee guards (our hire kit trousers include knee protectors).
- Gloves - We recommend lightweight gloves as they offer greater dexterity than thick gauntlets.
- Waterproofs - We ride in almost all weathers, so please bring waterproofs or clothing that offers some water / wind protection. It can get wet and windy here in Wales!
If you are in any doubt about the suitability of your boots or other kit, then we have hire clothing available. You can see the details of this here.
Hire items can be selected when making your booking online, or added up to two weeks prior to your course start date. It is essential that bookings are made in advance of attending the course as supplies are limited. Simply email BMW@WorldofBMW.com or call on 08000 131282