• Refresh your skills ahead of the BMW GS Trophy Qualifier
• No off-road experience required
• Latest BMW adventure bikes provided
• Ideal off-road introduction or refresher
• Open to any rider, male or female, with a full motorcycle licence
Whether you're just discovering the joys of off-road riding on an adventure bike, or coming back to regain your skills after a break from riding, this course is ideal for those looking to take part in our BMW GS Challenge.
Starting with a relaxed trail ride around the stunning 4,000-acres of Walters Arena, we'll shake out the cobwebs and get your head dialled back in to riding GS motorcycles off-road. Our friendly and experienced instructors will put you at ease and ensure you’re having so much fun that you won't realise how much you’re learning.
What does GS Trophy Refresher Training cover?
- Learning to lift, balance and manoeuvre a motorcycle in awkward situations
- Manoeuvring the motorcycle at slow speeds and clutch control exercises
- Improved braking ability
- Ascending and descending hills safely and confidently
- Trail riding on gravel fire roads and dirt tracks
- Momentum exercises
Who are the instructors?
BMW Off Road Skills prides itself on having the finest male and female instructor team in the industry. Our instructors compete in trials, enduro and rallye events all over the world. Hand-picked by us for their knowledge and skill, it’s their ability to teach and share this knowledge with care and enthusiasm that makes them really stand out. All our instructors regularly go through our bespoke instructor training programme to develop and enhance their skills.
Participants must be 21 years of age or over and have a full and valid motorcycle licence for riding in the United Kingdom. All course participants are grouped according to their riding ability and should have a good level of fitness.
The two-day GS Challenge Refresher courses each cost £519. The price includes two days of group instruction, motorcycle hire, third party insurance, fuel, two lunches and one evening meal, refreshments and a certificate of completion. Please note: it does not include personal accident insurance, your accommodation and evening drinks, or any additional meals or drinks for your guests.
What do I wear?
- Helmets must be EC.22.05 or equivalent and in good condition.
- Gloves should be lightweight and offer dexterity in the fingers, so that you can use the motorcycle controls.
- Most textile-type road jackets and trousers are fine, providing the quilted layer can be removed, as you will get hot.
- Boots MUST be Motocross boots. Please note, for safety, we are unable to accept all road, track or 'adventure' boots - if you are unsure, please contact us with make and model to confirm suitability.
Please note that the organisers will check and inspect all clothing and equipment and assess suitability. Any riders considered to be inadequately clothed or protected will be excluded from the course.
If you are in any doubt about the suitability of your boots then we have hire clothing available. However, it is essential that reservations are made at lease TWO WEEKS in advance of attending the course as supplies are limited. You can request this by email to BMW@WorldofBMW.com or by phone on 08000 131 282